The RTF contracted with PECI and Northwest Energy Works to develop and perform an annual review of PTCS Service Providers, respond to PTCS-related issues during the review period, and facilitate the RTF PTCS subcommittee and its products.
November 15, 2010. PTCS subcommittee meeting held by phone and webinar.
- Proposed PTCS Service Provider review process presented, discussed and approved by committee. Providers to be sent data requests with responses due mid-December.
- Carrie Cobb at BPA proposed method for determining duct tightness baseline assumptions, given new duct sealing and testing requirements being considered for inclusion in the states building code. Item was discussed and approved for presentation before full RTF.
December 7, 2010. RTF Update. PTCS Service Provider data requests sent by email to: Ecos Consulting, Conservation Services Group, Efficiency Services Group, Oregon Energy Coordinators Association, Oregon Department of Energy, Washington State University Energy Program, National Center for Appropriate Technology, Idaho Office of Energy Resources, Proctor Engineering Group, Advanced Energy, Energy Inspectors, City of Ashland. Deadline of December 21 given.
January 4, 2011. RTF Update. Data received from: Ecos, CSG, ESG, WSU, NCAT. Initial review finds:
- Minimal coordination between providers in areas of QC, QA, technician status
- QA is being done but follow up is not tracked in databases
- 70 to 80 percent of measures inspected appear to be found in substantial compliance with specs
Report and preliminary recommendations to follow in next two weeks. Subcommittee meeting to be scheduled January 19-27.
New business includes discussion of request received from Bruce Manclark to recognize prescriptive duct ninja specs as deemed measure, working with him to develop proposal for committee review.