Happy 2018 RTF enthusiasts. The New Year is here and with it comes several new developments in the RTF world that you need to know about.
First and foremost, at the tail end of 2017 the RTF issued a request for proposals for its Contract Analyst Team. With the start of 2018, the RTF will be working with a new Contract Analyst Team configuration as a result of this process. Returning to the CAT this year will be Josh Rushton, Christian Douglass, Ryan Firestone, and Greg Brown. New this year to the Contract Analyst Team is Eric Shum, PE of Tierra Resource Consultants, LLC. Based in the San Francisco Bay Area, Mr. Shum brings to the team a strong background in engineering, cost effectiveness analysis, stakeholder convening, and potential studies. Mr. Shum has worked extensively with utilities, government agencies, regulators, and technology firms in and out of the region and will surely be an asset to the team going forward. Welcome Eric!
Additionally, as mentioned in previous posts, in 2018 the RTF will be embarking on a new schedule that will be a significant departure from the regular one day a month meetings. 2018 will be the first year the RTF is meeting for two days every-other month, with brief check-in webinars during the in-between months. For the two day meetings, the schedule will likely have a schedule that takes into mind the travel needs of RTF members. Thus we will aim to start late on day one, and let out early on day two. The 2018 RTF Meeting and check-in webinar schedule is below.
- Full: Tuesday, January 30, 2018 to Wednesday, January 31, 2018
- Midway Check-in: Thursday February 22, 2018 10-12pm Pacific
- Full: Tuesday, March 27, 2018 to Wednesday, March 28, 2018
- Midway Check-in: Thursday April 19, 2018 10-12pm Pacific
- Full: Tuesday, May 22, 2018 to Wednesday, May 23, 2018
- Midway Check-in: Tuesday June 19, 2018 1-3pm Pacific
- Full: Tuesday, July 17, 2018 to Wednesday, July 18, 2018
- Midway Check-in: Tuesday August 21, 2018 1-3pm Pacific
- Full: Tuesday, September 18, 2018 to Wednesday, September 19, 2018
- Midway Check-in: Wednesday, October 17, 2018 1-3pm Pacific
- Full: Wednesday, November 7, 2018 to Thursday, November 8, 2018
We look forward to another exciting year full of hard work here at the RTF. Thank you all for your continued attentiveness concerning this important regional collaboration.